Why use a liquor control system?
Dec. 12, 2020
There are many opportunities for mistakes behind a bar. Bartenders are working often without direct supervision. The temptation of handling large sums of cash and dealing with a liquid inventory cannot be controlled.
You cannot afford not to!
There are many opportunities for mistakes behind a bar. Bartenders are working often without direct supervision. The temptation of handling large sums of cash and dealing with a liquid inventory cannot be controlled. Employees have no time to control spillage. Employees forget to punch drinks in the POS. The calculated portion size of a drink is not guaranteed with free pouring. Drinks are never made the same way, no consistency. These facts make the difference between financial success and failure for bar owners and managers.
Why inventory control alone does not help:
• Inventory control only shows the damage done when it is too late. You are always running after your money, and it is highly unlikely you will ever get it back.
• Open bottles are also hard to estimate, many brands, different bottle formats and fill levels. Weighing or estimating what was sold is time consuming.
• The inventory is easily manipulated; bottles can be filled up with water for example.
• If there are several waiters or shifts handling the same stock it is not possible to make anyone responsible for the losses, you discover later through inventory control. People will just shrug and promise to do better.
• Assessing the inventory is time consuming, you may have to employ people to do it. This not only costs money, but the question remains: who controls the controllers?
• Even with the best POS it can only shows you what has been punched in. Every time someone makes the mistake of “forgetting” to properly ring an article in. Their “tip” just increased!
The advantages of automated Control:
• With our POS interface (Punch-to-Pour) only drinks punched in the POS can be poured.
• Every drink is registered automatically when being poured.
• Make consistent drinks every time.
• Less training required for employees. Recipes are stored in the liquor control system and can only be poured accordingly.
• Bottles are secured, can only be poured by the liquor control system. Everything poured is recorded in the dispenser and in the management software.
• Free-pouring mode is available, but portions are always perfect and recorded by user, dispenser and bar location.
• Better working atmosphere – clear and fair rules for everyone, no more suspicion and allegations.
• There are no immeasurable losses anymore. Calculating your inventory for sake of control is no longer needed. Your profits can now be realized.
• It saves you time that you would be spending doing your inventory.
• You do not need to employ people for inventory control anymore.
• Increases your own life quality because you will have fewer things to worry about in your business.
• The cost of the system will pay for itself in savings in 6 to 12 months.